Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

One of my cats has long hair, a bit of an attitude and occasionally pee's on things that are left on the floor. His long hair has become an issue and my husband wants to get rid of him. I am worried that I won't be able to find a home for him where someone will put up with his attitude and his hair. I dont want to get rid of him but the hair is getting rediculous. Can I clip him? How can I find someone that would want him if I can no longer keep him?



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

He sounds just like my cat (except for the peeing part). Rocky has an attitude and I'm the only one he likes. Or I should say tolerates me. He sheds and his poop is deadly! He attacks when people try to pet him and is as snooty as can be. For some reason, he thinks my shoes are the best place for him to cough-up his hairballs.



But he's always by the door whenever I come home and won't stop meowing until I pick him up and give him a hug. He'll jump on the back of my chair and rub his head on mine. He loves to play fetch and will bring his treat bag to me whenever he feels like snacking. His purrs are so loud and he loves to sleep by my face, making sure I hear him.



I can never ever get rid of him. And I can tell you feel the same way with your boy. I have learned to live with my boy's hair by getting him groomed and having lint brushes at home, in my car, and at work. And I always check my shoes for hairballs BEFORE I put them on.



As for the peeing, from what I know about cats, they do it for a reason. Cats, or any other pets for that matter, are not malicious nor they do things out of spite. That's a human thing. He's probably telling you something, like the litter box is full. Do you have just one box for all three, or do you have multiple boxes located throughout the house? We have two cats (along with two dogs) and I keep 4 boxes all over. Maybe he's just telling you to stop leaving things on the floor and start picking up after yourselves. Cats are smart...



I do hope you and your husband reach a solution that includes having ALL your cats. I can't imagine how difficult it is to give away a part of your family. And I wouldn't want to...



Good luck!



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

Try to place an ad in a newspaper or craigslist. I hate to see kitties go to a shelter. If I lived close by, I will take him!



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

have trays under him so when he walks around all the hair falls in there. lol.



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

I agree with Robert Heinlein that the coldest depths of Hell are reserved for those who abandon cats.



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

You can do a lion cut or a simple shave down. Check into local grooming businesses or your veterinarian.



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

Please make sure that you find a home for him. I could never part with my cats. It would break my heart. Please don't leave him with the humane sociaty or anything because they will only keep him for so long and then uthenize him. I hope you find a home for your kitty. Please try not to abandon him with no one to love him.



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

Make sure you don't clean the litter while you are pregnant. You can try putting mineral oil in your pet's food to help slow down the shedding. It makes their coats shiny too, and it is good for dogs and cats. Just a cap full on their food, they'll think it's gravy. Congrats!



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

I agree just get him cut all the time and maybe keep in



a separte room



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

Try to find a cat rescue in your area, they may have a home for him. The fact that he is peeing other than the litter box means he is unhappy. He may need to be the only cat in his new home. All the best with your new arrival, having a baby is a very wonderful thing and you want both you and your husband to be happy at home! People love long hair cats and the fact he gets along with a dog is a plus too. Good luck with everything;^)



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

Just stop feeding the cats and they'll soon wonder off and find a new home!!!



I have 3 male cats and one female dog. I am pregnant and need to get rid of one or more of my cats.?

I also have a female that fits your description.she's very aggressive towards me,but at night it's me she sleeps with (or on).One day she attacked me badly and my husband ( her favorite person in the world)said we should get her another home,I cried because I know noone else will put up with her attitude (the peeing around,the agressiveness,the shredding of paper and cardboard...)so he took his comment back.



We have 7 cats and we are talking about having a baby.My husband does the litterboxes now,and I'm planning to groom them and vaccum every day when it happens.my advise is try to keep your kitty,noone will love him like you do.Just make your baby's room cat-free

No comments:

Post a Comment