Saturday, August 1, 2009

My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

My daughter just informed me that her best friend may not be able to come to her birthday party because she is Muslim and we own dogs. I've tried to educate myself with regard to this girl's religious strictures; we're not serving pork (or any meat) and there is no alcohol in the home, but I was unaware that pets were an issue. Would it be sufficient for me to board the dogs elsewhere for the night and clean thoroughly any dog hair from the home? And cats? Must they also be removed? I'd like to do my best to make this girl and her parents comfortable in my home so that my daughter's friendship is sustainable. Thanks in advance for your help.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

Dogs and cats?



Are you muslim? do as you would do.



It is a first for me on the pets thing.



It is your house.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

I'd call the family. None of my muslim friends have ever had a problem with dogs or any of my pets, but I do know that dogs are considered "unclean" to some muslims.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

only dogs are forbidden in islam, because whey cause many diseases and there are some bacteria in their saliva that are difficult to kill, and if dogs are for working they are not forbidden, cats and other pets are ok, take care.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

Depending on the level of their devotion, they may wish the dog kept away from them. I've never heard of a Muslim having a problem with cats.



This is really good of you to care about their feelings and your daughter's friendship. Would that more people were willing to make an effort to understand and respect others like this.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

Ya that is enough..



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

You are a wonderful parent for taking all of these things into consideration. Personally, I think putting the dogs in another part of the home away from the party, would be fine. Cats are fine.



Just an FYI... did you know that most marshmallows and jello/gelatin also contain pork products?



Please call the parents if you have questions... I am sure they would be grateful for your concern.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

How nice you are...



Thank you b/c you care about this problem.



Dogs,pork, alcohol are forbidden for a muslim. And you should respect with this religious strictures.



I think you should call the girl's parent N tell them that you have a great respect with them. Also wants them able to came to your home.



My suggest is you should board a dog for while n clean you house (I think it should be done for somebody who have a party, right?)



N about the cat, you shouldn't b/c cats are very nice pet. there's no problem with cat.



I hope you have a great relationship with this girl's family.



N I also hope all the entire human race have a great respect like yours.



My daughter is having a birthday party, can her Muslim friend come if we own dogs?

hello papillionid. it is very kind of you to be so accommodating.



in particular dog saliva is considered impure. muslims may keep dogs that serve a purpose guide dogs, guard dogs, or farm dogs. however, cautious muslims try to avoid dogs altogether. if they are outside the home you should be fine. cats are not a problem.



muslims are prohibited from ingesting any intoxicants, including alcohol. pork is also prohibited. other animals must be ritually slaughtered (meats so prepared are labelled zabiha halal; the conditions are similar to but less demanding than kosher).



if the 'kids' are post-puberty islamic etiquette requires that boys and girls do not mix freely. they can interact in a supervised environment.



i think if you speak to the girls parents on the phone and express an understanding of muslim religious observations they will be much more willing to let their daughter visit. good luck, i hope you have a great birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment