Saturday, August 1, 2009

My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

Sometimes, I would see a patch of hair like half way out of her fur and I would pull it very lightly and it would come out easily. And she sheds a lot. Everytime she lays on the couch, there would be a lot of hair left behind. I'm not sure what's wrong with her or what to do.



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

This totally depends on the breed. If she is husky, malamute, chow, or another breed similar to this, completely normal. These types of dogs have two coats. The first is a smooth layer over their skin and the second is the coat you can see. What happens with dual coats is, when they shed, the inner layers pushes out the outer layer, leading to the big clumps of fur you're describing. I called this the "molting phase" when it happens with my husky/shepard mix.



As long as you're not seeing redness or the dog seems itchy or irritated, you're good.



Important note: when your pup is shedding like this, it's important to groom a lot and get that shed fur out of there, because if left alone the dog can develop hot spots (raw, itchy sores that they lick until they're a wound) where the hair has died but not shed naturally, and this is crazy expensive to treat.



So, grab a brush and have fun! It's a great bonding experience for you and your pet, and fun to see just exactly how much hair can come off one dog. You'll be left wondering how there is any hair left!



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

what kind of breed do you have? for some breeds its normal for a ton of shedding



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

some dogs just require daily brushing, or more frequent grooming. i don't think its anything to worry about. just a lot of work on some dogs.



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

Halipicia



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

What breed or mix of breeds is your dog? Also, the type of dog food that the dog is on is very important to coat and skin. Try a high end food, kibble, like Canidae, EVO, etc. It will save you many $'s down the road.



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

Your dog is probably just prone to shedding. Many breeds are.



The groomer I talked to yesterday told me about this "shed less" package that they offer for dogs who have alot of hair and are prone to shedding. Long hair breeds are the most common who get the treatment. What they do is use a special comb and shampoo and do this in depth treatment to remove all loose hair and hair that is on the verge of coming out. It costs about $26 to have it done and I plan on getting it done for my Chow/Husky mix as soon as he heals from his neutering. You might look into something like this for your dog.



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

it depends what breed your dog is try googling you dog breed and see whether the dog should be shedding if not i suggest you call your vet. Good Luck!



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

ya depends wat breed u have. i know i use a special comb that really takes off the loose hairs, it was like 5 bucks. idk wat its called but it kinda looks like a comb but w a handle, it works well just use it when ever u a free time and dogs love it! it scraches them real well mine go insane



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

Almost all dogs shed-with a few exceptions-and changes in weather,diet etc will all cause shedding. You can take a clipper blade-#40 which you can get pretty inexpensively at pet stores-and comb it through the dog. Start with small sections at a time and run it through until you get no more hair. Do this every few days for a week or two and then you should only have to do it once every other week or when you see a lot of hair. I have 4 fur babies and I have been doing this for 3 years and it has greatly cut down on the hair in my house..it works great on cats too!



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

You might trying a dog food with a high protien percentage. I pour bacon grease over the food to add a little fat content. It really seems to give them healthy looking fur.



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

feed a premium dog food, here is a site that will tell you whats in your dog food www.justfurpets.com



My dog sheds a lot very unusually. What's wrong with her?

try dinovite .com

No comments:

Post a Comment