Thursday, July 23, 2009

What breed(s) might my dog be?

I had pondered a 'coydog' (coyote/dog mix), but got highly mixed reactions both here and elsewhere. He was adopted from the pound, and the dog breeds I get told most often are 'shepherd' or 'malamute/husky of some sort). Researching, I've decided to describe traits that stand out the most, as most purebreed dogs have general statements that can be made about them.



1. Toes in his pawprints point inward instead of going out. About half the time only the middle two toenails show.



2. Walks in his tracks.



3. Eyes are colored amber, but look darker because he hates making eye contact (and having his pictures taken)



4. Course, tri-colored guard hairs



5. Has ears like a labrador's



6. About 60 pounds, 2 ft tall. Has a lot of excess skin around his neck and chest, not fur, just skin.



7.Guarding skills. Awake 3 days/nights because something was after our chickens.



8. Front feet larger than back.



1 Pic, will post more.



http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/Haw...



What breed(s) might my dog be?

The worst kind of coyote, he is mean and not afarid of people, he will eat you up, don't try to keep this dog, he's bad news!



What breed(s) might my dog be?

anatolian shepherd mix?



http://www.anatoliandog.org/isik-001.htm look at the pinto one, from what you said about his demeanor he sounds like he could be one or part one. especially number 7, btw, one of my favorite breeds is the anatolian...



http://www.anatoliandog.org/history.htm#...



What breed(s) might my dog be?

he look like some sort of Husky and a grey hound mix by his body disposition



What breed(s) might my dog be?

My very first thought was german shepherd.



I agree on the husky.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

husky for sure



What breed(s) might my dog be?

Your dog looks like it is built like it could be part Coyote. He looks like it because they way it is walking and holding its body.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

to me he looks like a wolf ,coyote ,husky ,german shepperd mix.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

He might be a German shepherd. Siberian Husky and Malamute ears usually don't flop over.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

looks like a hybrid to me... german shepard and wolf/coyote blood



What breed(s) might my dog be?

Maybe some wolf or husky...as for the floppy ears...could be any breed with them, even if the rest of his body doesn't resemble that breed with the floppy ears.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

He could be Coyote/mix.Have you spayed him?I would so he doesn't get back with them when one is in season.I personally think he looks like a wolf with his colors.He is a very smart dog,by what you say.Keep him and love him he'll be fine.This lady I knew took in a stray dog,that turned out to be a wolf/mix,she had him for 6 years and he was a house dog.He had many of those qualities you mentioned of yours .



What breed(s) might my dog be?

shepard mix



What breed(s) might my dog be?

he may be coyote or wolf mix. He's beautiful whatever he is.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

First of all, look at the structure of the body from the head back including the thickness of the tail and the hieght , theres your german shepard



ok, now looks at the unigue colors and designs of the coat and the feet structure there you will find the husky/alaskan Malamute



German Shepard and husky/alaskan malamute



What breed(s) might my dog be?

Your description sounds scary (walks in his tracks). But he's beautiful.



He looks like a cross between a Wolf and a German Shepherd.



What breed(s) might my dog be?

he looks like saluki X. very cute



What breed(s) might my dog be?

I think it might be a german shepard and malumote or husky mix

No comments:

Post a Comment