Thursday, July 23, 2009

What can I do about my dog's eye?

My dog is 16 years old, and mostly blind. One of her eyes is completely blind, while the other still has some sight. Surgery was not an option because of her age. I am scared to bring her to groomers because she is mostly deaf as well, and I feel like they may hit her if she does not listen. I am trying to find mobile dog grooming services in the Queens, NY area but am having trouble finding a good one. I want to sit in and watch.



Because she hasnt been groomed, her hair was in her face, and today while I was trimming her bangs, I noticed her blind eye was completely shut and crusty! I am definitely going to bring her to the vet, but I wanted to know until I can get an appt, what do you recommend doing? I took a damp washcloth and wet it and loosened the crust a bit. Let me make this clear- she is a very happy dog, and is comfortable. She is always wagging her tail, and doesn't seem in pain.



What do you recommend I do about her eye? Should I bring her to a groomer or vet?



What can I do about my dog's eye?

Keep doing what you are doing to keep the eye clear. Take her to the vet and get him to take a look at it.



I can't imagine any groomer with a good reputation, hitting on dogs cause they aren't listening. Groomers just aren't like that.. Talk to people find out who is good in the area and make an appointment.



What can I do about my dog's eye?

I'd have your vet do the grooming because of her age. And, by the way, groomers don't hit dogs on the table to get them to listen. In fact, the dog doesn't have to listen at all because a noose is slung under the dog's body (at least that's where I put it - not around the neck - in front of one front leg %26amp; behind the other front leg). Dogs try to leave or resist. Groomers know how to handle dogs that do this day after day. Hitting does not get a dog groomed, it gets a groomer bit. I wouldn't worry about your dog at a groomer except for her age which is why it's best to have the groomer at your vet do her while she's at the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment