Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How can I stop my Maltipoo's hair from getting in her eyes causing them to be very gooey?

My Maltipoo has very fine hair around her eyes. These very fine frizzy baby hairs get into her eyes causing her eyes to get a yellow gooey snot-like substance. Sometimes it will just stay in her eyes until it eventually comes out. It looks very uncomfortable. I try to wipe around her eyes with dog eye wipes but I can not get the ooze out that is almost like attached to the eye surface. I have also tried to keep the hair on her face trimmed very short but these hairs are so tiny and fine I can not seem to keep them out of her eyes. Any suggestions? Could the constant irritation of her eyes affect her vision?



How can I stop my Maltipoo's hair from getting in her eyes causing them to be very gooey?

IF you are keeping her hair trimmed around her eyes, maybe you can also use a barrette to help keep things back as well. You can also call a groomer and ask their professional opinion on the matter. As for it affecting her vision, it probably is but know how much is hard to say. If you are concerned, take her to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment