Sunday, July 26, 2009

Restyle me! Want make-up/hair to say celtic 'child of nature'?

Hello, i need someone brave to give makeover tips/direct me to relevent websites. I want to be more 'me'. I am a very celtic-naturey person how do i achieve a 'child of nature' look? My avatar says it all. Ethnic jewellery i make, like wearing green. look my best when i've been running with my dogs over the moores because it gives me a ruddy complexion, i feel like a fake with all this city-chick over-the-top make up and boring unstyled hair (very long and wavy, dark brownish red) i want to wear makeup that lets my inner person shine and doesn't hide my freckles beneath paint! I'm not beautiful; i don't have an even complexion at all (red nose), make-up makes me look pretty so i won't do without eye makeup, my eyes turn down sharply in the corners, deep set, heavy brows. Also what can i do with my hair? I have a prominant wide bridged pointy nose, my face is sqaure/oblong, slightly narrower at forehead so lower face looks 'heavy'. don't like short hair or can't be kept out my eyes.



Restyle me! Want make-up/hair to say celtic 'child of nature'?

Well it seems like you kno what you want and what not which is a good start, much better than a vague, I want to change my style anyhow.



Make-up doesn't need to be over-the-top or plastery to make you look good, in fact i personally prefer mimimal, barely there styles. i might have missed it but what colour are your eyes? What is your complexion like? Pale, tan, etc? Also for the clothes part of the question, in what country do you live?



i have some ideas but sadly not the time to write them down just now, but it will be easier to advise you once i know the rest of the info anyhow, so I will add my ideas in later on today.



From what you have said so far, for you hair, if you he an oblong face, very long hair styles may make it look longer so go for a bit shorter, not short, still long, medium too long. I would suggest a layered cut, no chopy short layers of course, just a bit shorter on top, also maybe a cut that is shorter in front than the back, starting out at around chin length or a bit longer perhaps and then getting gradually longe, maybe with a side parting. Wear it in waves or curls, the structure combined with the long bangs will soften your fetures if you happen to have a square jaw.



For some reason, soft natural looking waves make me think natural beauty- which is silly seeing straight hair is just as natural but that is probably just me; I personlly find it is also a bit more of a wild/ natural look because, well sleek straight hair just doesn't say wild to me, more tamed and managed.



Some examples:



http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images...



(waves a bit looser and less styled than in the one below maybe)



http://www.thealexandriasalon.com/img/da...



http://stb.msn.com/i/E8/42BB8243738F2D7E...



http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolr/degrassi...



http://www.filmfestivals.com/images/tiff...



Depending on how wavy your hair is naturally, this won't require a lot of styling to keep up, I have a similar cut and most of the time a good curl shampoo or curl enhancer keeps my hair naturally curly/wavy with no need for a curling iron although that is of course an option. if you use a curling iron, just make sure to go for slightly bigger and looser curls, I find that works better on longer hair and looks more natural most of the time.



For more suggestions see:



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/a/...



http://www.visual-makeover.com/face.htm



For make-up, both from what you have said you look like and what look you want to achieve, I would suggest neutral and natural muted colours. if you wear foundation, I really like is L'oreal Paris True Match (http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Loreal_T... it does a great job at evening out your complexion without having to plaster your face and it blends in really well with your natural colour, even if you acquire a tan. I don't know about freckles but I have a few small birthmarks and unless I deliberately try to hide them, they are clearly visible but then I usually don't apply a whole lot of foundation, I guess you will have to try it out for yourself.



Well, I have to run now, but more to come later!



Continuing.... eye-makeup, there are a lot of nice looks that look natural and will go with a 'child of nature look', so no need to panic, you can have your eye make-up ;) Now I don't know the colour of your eyes but as I said before, muted tones are the way to go. I'm guessing you are quite pale complexion wise? Just guessing from the reddish hair and freckle combintion. For brown eyes, try mid-browns and creams, you can work the creamy/beigey colour up to your eyebrows and build up the colour with a light brownish hue on your lid upto the crease, for more dramatic look, add another, darker shade of brown closer to the lashes. Use brown mascara to emphasise the lashes but still keep it looking natural.



Maybe a nice apricot blush depending on your skintone (shouldwork well with pale) and a pale nude lip, ie. a lipstick that is very close to your natural skin tone, darker for more drama, and a sheer gloss.



To make your nose look optically slimmer, try applying some blusher on the the sides of it.



A site that may help with more make-up tips:



http://www.realmofredheads.net/mt/



As for clothes, I don't think you relly need a specific store, just be aware of what you buy and think about how it will fit in with your style, a simple slightly peasant/ boho/folk look will probably look good with celtic accessories, still looking modern without regressing to an odd hippy looking combination,



example:



http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=39260...



just keep your theme in mind, natural, go for natural materials, nothing metallic or overly shiny. i think fake fur is a great accessory as well, and hey, fur is probably something that featured quite heavily in celtic clothes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment