Sunday, July 26, 2009

I think my dog has an eye infection?

i noticed today that my shihtzu was not opening her eye all the way. i looked at her eye and noticed that she has white "goop" coming out of the corner of her eye and "film" over her eye aswell(i dont know how to explain it). i tryed wiping her eye with a warm damp cloth but she yelped when i touched her eye (i was being very gentle and barley touched her eye) i looked at her eye some more thinking that maybe something was in her eye, i didnt see anything but the white part of her eye is very "blood shot" and red...her right eye is perfect and normal looking. its just her left eye.



her hair is cut short around her eyes so it wouldnt get in her eyes and cause an infection(this was reccomended by the vet). what would have caused the eye infection (if it even is an eye infection)? what can i do for my dogs eye until i can afford to take her to the vet (sometime after christmas)?



I think my dog has an eye infection?

I'm sorry, but a lot of people, including me are going to ask for you to take the dog to the vet. If she yelped with you being gentle, then that's not good. Shih Tzu's are prone to having eye problems, I have one. Take her to the vet immediately before the situation gets any worse. Some vets, not a lot, will accept payment plans.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

Take it to the vet if you can afford it or not. Be a responsible pet owner.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

Your pet could have a corneal ulcer which needs immediate medical care...it's extremely painful and you need to see a vet ASAP!



Good Luck!



Tanya



I think my dog has an eye infection?

try doggie eye wash several times a day until you can get it to the vet (drops from the pet store). Also research cherry eye, if it looks like its cherry eye, the only answer is surgery.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

I wouldn't wait until after christmas to take her to the vet, she could be in real trouble until then. It might be what is know as cherry eye, or it could be Entropioné–³?inward folding of an eyelid where lid hairs contact the cornea, or Conjunctivitis. All of these need immediate care by a vet. If you wait you may be causing irrepairable damage to her eye.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

You cant wait until after xmas you need to take her to the vet ASAP. It sounds like an infection and cant wait until after xmas.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

It could be something that got in her eye from outside and now it's stuck in there...do you live anywhere near cattail weeds? Those are bad news. Other than that, do what you're planning on, sooner if possible.



I think my dog has an eye infection?

I have the same problem with my new puppy,and the dog breeder told me that one of her puppies had the same problem. So she told me to use neosporin on his eyes. And it worked within a couple days it cleared up. The breeder told me that neosporin has the same ingredients of the expensive ointment the vet gave her. Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment