Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Dog is smelly... plz help??

I have a Gordon Setter as my dog, and shes really smelly, i dont no what to do? Iv tried washing her heaps with gd shampoo but she alwys is smelly the next day, and i get her hair cut alot too. Do u no wat i can use or do to make her less smelly?



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

Your setter is probably suffering from skin allergies that cause yeast and/or bacteria to grow in the fur and in her ears. You will need a chlorhexadine or maleseb shampoo to kill the gunk, but only you're veterinarian can tell you WHICH one it is. You can always use both kinds to cover it while at the same time get a drying ear wash for the ears. Use the ear wash every day for a week then go to once per week. Setters tend to have stinky ears. :) I am a veterinarian so I still recommend you go see your local vet to verify this ;)



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

give them a treat called greenies, it cleans their teeth. Also my great grandma back in russian used to wash my grandparents in beet juice.



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

Sure.........blame it on the dog.



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

They make doggie perfume. You can even get it at Walmart. I would try it because it can be used several times a day :)



Also be careful washing your dog to much, they can get very dry skin. Maybe try baby shampoo if it starts drying up on you.



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

What KIND of smelly? Breath, hair, urine or feces. If you live in a warm climate and your dog has a moderate to long fur coat, he/she is going to sweat when he/she goes out to play or do his/her business. In this case you will either need to bathe him/her daily (not recommended) or buy deoderant for him/her. It's usually a spray on (pump type) and when you rub it in the coat the odor is diminished. If it is breath, get those dog bones by Pedigree. It will clean the teeth and when the teeth are clean, the breath is nice. If he/she has a long coat, take a look at his/her bottom, under the tail. With my Yorkie, we sometimes had to cut away hair from around his butt cause the feces would stick to it and even a bath didn't work. Same for urine, but that can be washed off in a little soap and water.



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

Its the breath.



I think maybe you shud sometimes, wash her teeth and give her "Greenies". They kill bad dog breath.



My Dog is smelly... plz help??

smell the ears...is it where the odour came from, even few hours after you bathed her? and the ears are also 'oily' even when you have cleaned it yesterday? did she scratched her ears %26amp; chin frequently?



if it is, then you should change her diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment