Sunday, July 26, 2009

My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

I have a male siamese I rescued from the pound and I take him to the vet yearly for his shots and seems like he's been going to the vet for various reasons including kidney stones, being bitten by other wild cats and the poor guy is a lover not a fighter. But I noticed he has been losing his hair behind his left ear and above both eyes. He licks and bits his fur often just don't know if it's related to the hair loss or not. I'm planning on taking him to the vet but can't get him in till this coming Fri. any suggestions I would appreciate the input. I am a animal lover and have had lots of cats and two dogs which one is living with me and my cat that I am talking about with the hair loss. He is the most loving and cuddly cat I've owned and you can definately tell he adores me he'll cuddle with me every night and he'll come sit on my lap and stretch his paw to touch my face and looks me in the eye's. Special boy he is so just a concerned cat lover.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

Ask the vet next time he goes, could be nothing...



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

I love cats.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

the same thing happened to my mom's siamese last year and she took him in and was shocked when they told her that he had ringworm. If it is in fact ringworm it can be a pain to get rid of and it is contagious. I'm sure he will be ok until friday, you might want to take extra care until then to wash your hands after touching him. The vet will probably take a few skin samples to culture and see whats going on (sometimes the results on these test can take up to a week or so). Hope your kitty gets better, at least he has such a caring owner.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

eww it could be mites. mites cause hair loss and is extremey uncomfortable for the pet/ animal



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

Behind the ear sounds like he's scratching there with his hind paw. The licking and biting could be normal, but if you notice stubbly broken hair it could be from itchiness. One of mine had an allergy and we never found out what it was to, but put her on prednisone and then lowered the dose to a maintenance level. See "miliary dermatitis" for more info. If the hair above the eyes, just in front of the ears, is evenly thinning and same on both sides, it's probably cat pattern baldness. That's a normal aging thing.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

That is one very LUCKY cat %26amp; he knows it....



Congratulations on rescuing such a greatful deserving cat.



Kidney stones are not unusual for this breed or for males. I would guess he is on a special food to prevent these?



As for the hair loss, I'm thinking allergies, but I would not want to speculate on the cause. You are doing the right thing by taking him to the vet. I wouldn't let it worry you at this point, just wait for the visit to the vet %26amp; then you will know for sure.



If it is ring worm ( which I doubt) like hazygirl says, don't let the vet talk you into lyme dips. Just ask about Tinactin liquid. I had a horse with ring worm once years ago %26amp; the vet told me to use Tinactin on it. Got rid of it with very little fuss.....



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

Sounds like a good cat. Just wait and see what the vet says. Does he seem ill in any other ways? I'm sure there's nothing seriously wrong with him. You might wanna consider keeping him indoors at all times. I suffer with kidney stones so I know how that can affect him. Good luck on friday.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

It very well could be ringworm. Take extra precaution when handling him because it is transmissible between cats and humans. When you take him to the vet, they will do a hair culture that take a few days to determine if he is positive. If he is found to have ringworm, your veterinarian will do lyme dips weekly to get rid of the ringworm.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

It can be any number of annoying infestations but it could also be stress. At the groom shop we call it anxiety shedding. It sounds like this baby had a very stressful time and anxiety may be all that it is but have the vet check for ringworm and mange and ask if it might be a reaction to his medical condition.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

It could be lots of things. You will find out when you visit the Vet. Hope its an easy fix. Good Luck



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

Sounds like ringworm or mites



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

He may have mites. You should actually take him to the vet.



He sounds like a great kitty. I love it when they stretch their paws to touch your face.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

hair loss is commonly related to the presence of fleas, have you seen any of the little blighters recently



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

There will be times a cat in under stress and that will let the hair fall out (1) check for flea (2) have the vet check for ear mits they have a liq that kill them and as for kiney stone if your giving your cat can food look at the ingridence and check the ash levels in the food thats a presevative in the food stay around the 4.5 ash (3) have the vet check for Lice on the skin you never know whats in them kennel cages make sure he has alot of water to drink to keep them peeing and watch out for them siamese that no Kung fu Oh and he may be allergic to something in your house like a rug and I don't no if you let him out side but cats do have allergies and it might be the grass or any plant life out side I had a cat that went bald at one time but he is back to normal let the vet look at him



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

Has he had any fleas at all? Sometimes when they have had fleas before they get an alergic reaction to that later on and they can losse hair from that. Or it could be a skin infection and the vet would put him on an antibiotic and probably some derma vet lotion for the skin infection. For now just try and watch on him and if he scratches at it have him stop so it does not get worse. You could also put some neosporin on the spots he is loosing the hair it might help untill you can get him to the vet.



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

You might try a reputable brand of flea %26amp; tick shampoo. When you apply it, be sure you let it sit-on for at least 2-3 minutes, then re-do. Other thing could be a vitamin definancy. God Bless !!



My cat is losing his hair, on his head?

it is hyperlavaxinating

No comments:

Post a Comment