Sunday, July 26, 2009

My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

Our cat just died last night, the vet said today I may have to put my dog down. He doesn't seem to know or have any idea what is wrong. I am hoping that someone may know. He is 2 years old. He is a golden retreiver. In the last week, he has been throwing up, having bowel problems (diarreah), losing weight etc. He does have fleas, I have given him a flea bath etc. On his back hind leg, there is hair missing but black spots there. He is know dehydrated. He has had IV's medications nothing is helping. Please help, I don't know what to do. What could be causing this? Ideas? help please!



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

Sounds like Parvo to me. Both the cat and dog could get that from being outside! Have your vet test him for that.



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

Diarrhea, losing weight, lack of energy, throwing up can be a sign the Parvovirus. My dog had it and the vet gave him IVs and etc but he didnt make it. I'm hoping that it's not parvo in your case but if it is, the disease is pretty fatal if not treated right away. Good luck to you.



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

Was he poisoned? Perhaps anti-freeze or something else someone could've put over a fence? Perhaps they both got into something in the house? The post that says Parvo sounds right too. I'm sure the vet is doing all they can. Good luck and I hope you don't lose another friend. Sorry for the loss of your kitty.



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

I too thought of Parvo at first. It may be but that doesn't explain the black spots your seeing. It may be poison. Please bring your Golden back to the vets and have them check for Parvo and possibility of your animals being poisoned too.



I wish your and You Golden all the very best!



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

What all has your vet tested for?



Tell him to do a test for Parvovirus, Coronavirus or Worms. Is he eating or drinking? Any blood in the vomit or diarrhea? The black spots and missing hair could be due to the skin condition but I haven't seen that cause intestinal problems. If your dog is infested with fleas the chances are he has worms and if he's had them for a while, ths could be a cause for the intestinal problems so get him checked for that!!



If you've already taken him to the vet I would continue to follow his/her advice or go for a second opinion. It's best that he stays on IV Fluids so he can get some nutrition and stay hydrated.



Good Luck! I know how hard it is to have a sick animal so my thoughts are with you!



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

My dog was doing that be4 and I thought it was parvo but basically make him drink alot of water. I mean alot!! Force him to drink if you have to. Let him have unlimited access to water and basically shove it down his throat. He can live without as much food for a day and just stuff him with water. Dont take him out side just set up a pee pad and keep him extreamly cool so he is not getting hot at all and shave him down. My dog was doing that because he was over heating. Do not care that this seems extreame if you love your dog. Just put him in a crate in front of a fan and shove water down his throat and do not give him human food and not very much dog food so the dog food does not soak up the water.



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

Well unless the cat and dog are unrelated in their illnesses.. I would have to lean towards poison.. The cat isn't going to get the same parvo that dogs get.. Cats get Panleukopenia Virus, which is similiar to canine parvo virus, but it's only infectious to cats. And Canine Parvo wouldn't infect the cat.. I say poison or else the two sick pets are just a coincidence.. Did the cat have the same symptoms as the dog?



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

I don't have any advice about your dogs sickness but if he is that sick you don't give him a toxic flea bath, etc.



My dog is not doing well. HELP! What would cause dehydration, direhea, throwing up?

parvo or coccidia heres some links



http://www.workingdogs.com/parvofaq.htm



http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/beaglehe...



http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?...

No comments:

Post a Comment